Hi - welcome to Lacuna.
We are Allison and Bronwyn.
Between us we:
- Have more than 45 years’ experience working in law firms and the professional service industry, as partners, lawyers and as business development and client relationship specialists;
- Have five children who are in primary and secondary schools;
- Have an extended circle of family and friends; and
- Hold roles within our communities and have interests outside of work.
Lacuna was established to provide lawyers with options about how they work with their clients in a way that takes advantage of the digital age.
Delivering the same great service but instead of letting work take over our lives, Lacuna helps lawyers take back control.
Years of working at large law firms convinced us that law careers could be different, and alternative paths were needed as people’s lives changed.
Yes – lawyers are people!
People with families, friends, interests and commitments that were competing with the demands of work and the billable hour, which is relentless and follows us home in the evening and on the weekends.
Over and over we were saying there must be a better way.
Lives change, priorities shift and things happen and we wanted to find a way to help lawyers keep building their careers, networks and businesses so they had more control with similar levels of support and could keep their options open in the future.
At Lacuna we believe:
- Lawyers should have enough time in their lives for their families and friends, other interests and to be part of their communities;
- Clients should be able to work with the lawyer of their choice; and
- Hourly rates should not prohibit access to senior and experienced lawyers;
Our focus is on supporting and building a community of lawyers and network of clients who want to do things differently by focusing on delivering great service and effective solutions.
Come talk to us – we love meeting new people and hearing their stories.
You can find out more about Lacuna and see if it might be a solution for you.